(Image Credit: ©visoot - Adobe.Stock.com)
On the heels of EURETINA, the Retina Society Annual Congress brings even more exciting news to this segment of ophthalmology as pharmaceutical companies work in association with researchers to share new data and additional insights. The pipeline of research and developing therapies continues to expand the repertoire of treatments for the future of retina care.
The annual meeting will take place in New York City, from October 11 to 14, 2023. During this meeting, insights from Alimera Sciences, Nanoscope Therapeutics, and Ocuphire Pharma will be shared.
Alimera Sciences has announced that clinical data for ILUVIEN® (fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant) 0.19 mg and YUTIQ® (fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant) 0.18 mg will be featured in five presentations.1 The presentations for this data include the following:
- Pouya Dayani, MD: “CALM: 24-Month Efficacy and Safety Outcomes From a Phase 4 Registry Study for Patients with Chronic Non-Infectious Posterior Segment Uveitis Treated with a 0.18 mg Fluocinolone Acetonide Intravitreal Insert” on Wednesday, October 11 at 4:17 pm ET
- Mathew MacCumber, MD, PhD: “Fluocinolone Acetonide (FAc) 0.19mg Implant Improves Vision and Treatment Burden in Patients with Diabetic Macular Edema: The PALADIN Study” on Friday, October 13 at 2:30 pm ET
- Seenu Hariprasad, MD: “0.19 mg Fluocinolone Acetonide (FAc) Implant Leads to Superior Visual-, Anatomical-, and Treatment Burden-Related Outcomes in Eyes with Better Baseline Visual Acuity (≥20/40)” on Friday, October 13 at 2:34 pm ET
- Fernando Arevalo, MD: “Long-Term Outcomes in Eyes Requiring IOP Lowering Surgery After Treatment with the 0.19 Fluocinolone Acetonide Implant for DME: The PALADIN Study” on Friday, October 13 at 2:40 pm ET
- Christopher Riemann, MD: “Long-Term Outcomes of Eyes Requiring IOP Lowering Treatment (IOPT) Post Administration of the 0.19mg Fluocinolone Acetonide (FAc) Implant for Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)” on Friday, October 13 at 2:43 pm ET
Nanoscope Therapeutics2 will also share insights during the 2023 Retina Society Annual Congress. The company’s focus on developing gene therapies for inherited retinal diseases and macular degenerations is emphasized in the presentations.
- Christine Kay, MD: MCO-010 Optogenetic Vision Restoration in Retinitis Pigmentosa Patients with Profound Vision Loss: A Randomized, Sham-Controlled, Multi-center, Double-Masked Clinical Trial (RESTORE) on Wednesday, October 11 at 4:56 pm ET.
In her presentation, Dr. Kay will discuss clinical data and analysis from Nanoscope's Phase 2b RESTORE trial in patients with advanced retinitis pigmentosa.
- Allen Ho, MD: MCO-010 Optogenetic Therapy for Profound Vision Loss in Stargardt Disease: 12-Month Outcomes from the Phase 2 STARLIGHT Trial on Thursday, October 12 at 5:02 pm ET
In this late-breaking presentation, Dr Ho will discuss recent 1 year data from Nanoscope's Phase 2 STARLIGHT trial of MCO-010 therapy in patients with advanced Stargardt macular degeneration.
Ocuphire Pharma shared in their press release3 will feature data from ZETA-1 Phase 2 Trial of APX3330 in Diabetic Retinopathy. Working with the company, Anat Lowenstein, MD, will present this information during the session.
- Anat Lowenstein, MD: “ZETA-1 Phase 2 Trial Safety and Tolerability Results for of APX3330: A Novel, Oral Ref-1 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy” on Friday, October 13 at 2:59 pm ET
Alimera Announces Multiple Presentations Highlighting ILUVIEN® and YUTIQ® Data at Retina Society Annual Congress. Alimera Sciences, Inc. October 11, 2023. Accessed October 11, 2023. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/10/11/2758284/12565/en/Alimera-Announces-Multiple-Presentations-Highlighting-ILUVIEN-and-YUTIQ-Data-at-Retina-Society-Annual-Congress.html
Nanoscope Therapeutics Announces Presentations at The Retina Society 56th Annual Scientific Meeting.Nanoscope Therapeutics, Inc. October 9. 2023. Accessed October 11, 2023. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nanoscope-therapeutics-announces-presentations-retina-110000480.html
Ocuphire Pharma to Present at Euretina and Retina Society Conferences in October Presentations Will Feature Data From ZETA-1 Phase 2 Trial of APX3330 in Diabetic Retinopathy. Ocuphire Pharma, Inc. October 6, 2023. Accessed October 11, 2023. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/10/06/2756040/0/en/Ocuphire-Pharma-to-Present-at-Euretina-and-Retina-Society-Conferences-in-October.html