In what is an annual ritual for many in the retinal community, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute carries on its 18th annual Angiogenesis, Exudation, and Degeneration 2021 meeting this February in a virtual setting across 2 days from Friday, Feb. 12, through Saturday, Feb. 13.
For program highlights for Friday, click here.
To attend the virtual meeting, registration must be received by Tuesday, February 9, at noon EST. Conference registration is $100 and the number of registrants is limited.
Here is an overview of presentations planned for Saturday’s program, which includes 4 sessions.
Following opening remarks by the program co-directors—Philip J. Rosenfeld, MD, PhD; Harry W. Flynn Jr., MD; and Thomas A. Albini, MD—the presentations will commence at 8 am Eastern.
Session IV: Emerging Therapies for Exudative AMD, will feature the following speakers:
- The Efficacy and Safety of IBI 302, a Bispecific Antibody for the Treatment of Exudative AMD, Fenghua Wang, MD
- Axitinib—A Novel TKI Delivered by Suprachoroidal Injection for AMD, David M. Brown, MD
- KSI-301: Intravitreal Antibody Biopolymer Conjugate that Demonstrates Extended Durability in Wet AMD and Retinal Vascular Diseases, Diana V. Do, MD
- Port Delivery System (PDS) for Exudative AMD: Archway Phase 3 Study Results, Carl D. Regillo, MD
- Brolucizumab Inflammation Update, Thomas A. Albini, MD
Session V: Gene Therapy for Exudative AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy, begins at 9:15 am and will include:
- Subretinal Gene Therapy for Exudative AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy, Allen C. Ho, MD
- Intravitreal Gene Therapy for Exudative AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy, Arshad Khanani, MD, MA
- Suprachoroidal Gene Therapy for Exudative AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy, Peter A. Campochiaro, MD
Session VI: Dual Inhibition of Ang2 and VEGF for the Treatment of DME and Exudative AMD--An Update from the Faricimab Program is scheduled to begin at 10:00 am. The following presentations are scheduled:
- Rationale for Ang2 Inhibition in Exudative AMD and Diabetic Macular Edema, Karl G. Csaky, MD, PhD
- Faricimab Update in Exudative AMD, Jeffrey S. Heier, MD
- Faricimab Update in Diabetic Macular Edema, Charles C. Wykoff, MD, PhD
Session VII: Diabetes, Choroiditis, Retinitis Pigmentosa and Late Breaking Reports, the final one of the conference, begins at 11:00 am and features:
- AXT-107: Potential Role in Neovascular AMD, Diabetic Macular Edema, and Retinal Vein Occlusion, Quan Dong Nguyen, MD, MSc
- Widefield SS-OCT Imaging of Diabetic Retinopathy, Harry W. Flynn, Jr., MD
- Anti-VEGF in the Treatment of Nonproliferative Diabetic Retinopathy, Jennifer K. Sun, MD
- Correlation Between Baseline Retinal Non-Perfusion Area and Outcomes in the PANORAMA Study, Dilsher S. Dhoot, MD
- Are There Two Forms of Multiple Evanescent White Dot Syndrome (MEWDS)?, Lawrence A. Yannuzzi, MD
- Retinal Progenitor Cell Injections for Retinitis Pigmentosa, David S. Boyer, MD
- Intravitreal Hydrogel-Based Axitinib Implant (OTX-TKI) for the Treatment of Neovascular AMD: Phase 1 Trial Update, Andrew A. Moshfeghi, MD, MBA