This year’s conference offers more than 100 EURETINA sessions, symposia, and instructional courses covering all subspecialty themes.
The 2022 22nd European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA) Congress is slated for September 1 to 4 in the Congress Centre Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany.
This is a hybrid meeting that will allow attendees to participate either in person or virtually. Either way, this congress will offer a wealth of information to specialists covering all aspects of retinal diseases.
Alistair Laidlaw, EURETINA president and retinal surgeon at St. Thomas’ Hospital, London, and Maidstone Hospital, Kent, UK, is eagerly anticipating the conference.
“The program in Hamburg boasts a cutting-edge scientific program. With a choice of more than 100 Euretina sessions, symposia, and instructional courses covering all subspecialty themes, there is something at Euretina 22 for everyone,” he commented.
He also pointed out that with plans progressing rapidly for the first EURETINA FEBO Retina subspecialty examination, instructional courses targeting the core exam content will be offered.
Another new addition this year, a Saturday night EURETINA Party that is open to all delegates, is planned for Saturday evening.
There is no shortage of opportunities for educational enlightenment at this meeting. A look at the online program shows the depth from which clinicians can choose.
These offerings, in addition to Keynote Lectures and symposia enumerated below, include World Retina Day, which highlights advances in retinal care around the world; instructional courses; subspecialty sessions; free papers; the Speakers’ Corner; the wet lab program; and YOURS sessions, i.e., a symposium, science slam, and mystery cases.
Other EURETINA highlights
Four Keynote Speeches are planned. The dates and times follow; all times are expressed as central European summer time (CEST).
- Thursday, September 1, at 16:00 CEST: Sobha Sivaprasad, MD, from Moorfields Hospital, London, will deliver the Euretina Lecture titled “Steps to achieving the impossible in the clinical management of diabetic retinopathy.
- Friday, September 2, at 09:45 CEST: Enrico Borrelli, MD, from the San Raffaele Milan, will discuss the Ophthalmologica Lecture titled “Pushing retinal imaging forward: innovations and their clinical meaning.”
- Saturday, September 3, at 12:30 CEST: Catherine Creuzot-Garcher, MD, from University Hospital, Dijon, France, will deliver the Gisbert Richard Lecture titled “Macular surgery: outcomes and complications.”
- Saturday, September 3, at 13:00 CEST: Hiroko Terasaki, MD, from the Nagoya University Institutes of Innovation for Future Society, will deliver the Kreissig Award Lecture on “Retinal mobility and plasticity in retinal surgery.”
The symposia and times scheduled for September 1-3 are as follows:
- Management of diabetic macular edema: Bridging the real-world efficacy gap, 13:15-14:15 CEST
- Recent advances in multimodal imaging and artificial intelligence in ophthalmology, 13:15-14:15 CEST
- Smaller, faster, closer - Precision in retina surgeries, 13:15-14:15 CEST
- UWF multimodal Imaging and microperimetry – Enhancing the bridge between structure and function, 13:15-14:15 CEST
- Advancing the management of nAMD: Latest clinical insights from targeting Ang-2/VEGF-A via dual inhibition, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- How LASER has changed since coronavirus struck? 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Reducing the burden of DME – what matters in effective clinical management? 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Benefits beyond vision: 10 years of delivering outcomes that matter, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Expert clinical insights: How continuous delivery of anti-VEGF is changing the management of nAMD, 17.45 - 18.45 CEST
- MicroPulse and PASCAL in the world of retinal treatments, 09.45 - 10.45 CEST
- Durability across indications: Seeing from the patient's perspective, 09:45 - 10:45 CEST
- A vision of the future: The next level in patient care, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Broadening management options for DME: Recent clinical insights from targeting dual inhibition of Ang-2 and VEGF-A, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Widefield swept-source OCT: Learn from our experts! 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Preserving patient health: the retina and beyond, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Driving efficiency & performance through visionary technology, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Experience from the clinic: management of neovascular AMD patients in 2022, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- Fine tune your vitreoretinal surgery – How to get the best view for you and your patients, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
- The future of geographic atrophy: advancing diagnosis, treatment and management, 13.45 - 14.45 CEST
Member registration is currently open and can be accessed at https://euretina.org/members-registration-2022-hamburg/